Music

Quasimode@JavaJazz

I had no idea at all what kind of band that I was going to see when my daughter brought me to Cendrawasih 2-3 hall at the second day of Java Jazz Festival 2009, to watch Quasimode performance. That tells me how important it is to listen to jazz radio, watch mTV and other music shows, and see jazz performance more often. Things I seldom do.



Upon entering the hall, which was packed with a big crowd of young people, I saw the six young all male Japanese musicians played a lively and dynamic composition on the stage.


Takashi Okutsu's performance on drums was very impressive. He has full of power, full of spirit and vigor, and so was the saxophonist and bassist.


The sound of percussion, played well by Takahiro "Mattz" Matsuoka, was somewhat dominant in almost all the songs that made me forgot how good Hirado Yusuke's performance was on the piano / keyboard.


Kazuhiro Sunaga's performance on bass was actually quite fantastic, only that he was eclipsed by Mattz's aggressiveness in playing percussion. As long as I remember, Kazuhiro played solo only in one song and that was just for a few seconds. He should have more confidence to show his prowess, and not to be too shy.





After playing their last song, they finally fulfilled the audience request for them to play more. Another two music compositions from one of their albums were played that got warm reception from the audience.

Overall, it was a good music, and I was happy to know them and to see their live performance at the Java Jazz Festival 2009.

, seorang pejalan musiman dan penyuka sejarah. Penduduk Jakarta yang sedang tinggal di Cikarang Utara. Diperbarui: March 20, 2009.

Leave comments

Type it first, then click "Login ..." or "Posting".

« Newer©2021 FollowOlder »

Treat me for a cup of coffee, or just pray for those who make your life better.